Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default GFCI Circuit Curiosity

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 7:28:38 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 21:01:59 -0600, croy wrote:

After battling a couple of GFCI circuit ocasionally over a
few years, I discovered something interesting. If I put
both GFCI breakers on one buses, they both stay on. If I
put both on the other bus, they both pop randomly after
anywhere from a few minutes to a few months.

I'd be interested to hear any insights anyone here might
have on this.

What happens if you move just one of them to the other
bus?

And I assume they always remain on the same two circuits?
I can't imagine what could account for that behavior, where
which hot the GFCI is on matters. What's on those two circuits?
Not that it should really mater. These are the only two GFCI
breakers?