Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other John[_3_] The Other John[_3_] is offline

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 00:02:19 +0000, Nick wrote:

I never liked having my trains cancelled due to lack of staff (i.e.
drivers) and I never saw a train drive perform any useful service apart
from drive, this is even when trains broke down.

Some years ago before I retired (11 years now) I was in a train which
stopped at a station and couldn't be started again. After a few minutes
the driver appeared, opened a panel in the bulkhead and thumped a row of
plug-in relays. He then returned to the cab and the train moved off. A
true engineer!

--
TOJ.