Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default heating / hot water - whole new system

On 08/03/2016 22:30, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 08/03/16 22:10, Michael Chare wrote:
On 08/03/2016 19:48, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 08/03/16 19:37, Michael Chare wrote:

Other points I would add:

a) Use radiators with a rounded top rather than a welded seam.

Rust?

Why do you think rust would be a problem for round top radiators?

What was your justification for the rounded top. Just interested, that's
all. Guessing some issue with leaks or rust for a seam?

I just think they are nicer than those with welded seams at the top.

I presume your £4,500 is really the cost for all the CH parts!

£1000 boiler cost,
£2000 4 to 5 days of labour,
£1500 other bits - all inc VAT.

Labour! This is UK.d-i-y