Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Square D electrical panel question

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:02:29 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

I saw once a picture of double outlet for the USA, where the top one was 0v and 120v and the bottom one was 0v and -120v. So you could get 30 amps total there. I guess you could then even have a 240v outlet in the middle.

I never saw one of those.

This is probably what they mean
http://tinyurl.com/jbqkpnh

It is a NEMA 5-15p and 6-15p on the same yoke

There is also the theoretical possibility
of the case of a fire, and if the fire resulted from some obvious hack
job that they could show you did, without a permit, the insurance company
might deny the claim. Or even worse, if the house burned down with your
neighbors kid killed during a sleep-over, you could be in deep doo doo too.

Why worry about the unlikely? Do you also have a nuclear fallout shelter?

This is really getting easier for home inspectors and insurance
companies since these are public records on the county web site in
more places these days.

Funny, we always think that you tend
to have more regulations over there.

No, your country is worse. You have more lawyers. Unfortunately we are beginning to copy you. The only place worse thn the USA ius Australia. You can be prosecuted for cycling without a helmet, or walking along the wrong side of a country road!

I noticed the Qiwis are pretty well regulated too, until they aren't.
It is always strange what countries think are too dangerous for the
populace and what isn't.