Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default heating / hot water - whole new system

On 08/03/2016 19:48, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 08/03/16 19:37, Michael Chare wrote:

Other points I would add:

a) Use radiators with a rounded top rather than a welded seam.

Rust?

b) Install a heated towel rail in the bathroom.

Mine heat towels better than heating the room. Probably just me.

c) Install drain points in the pipework to each radiator that won't
drain without one.

d) If you have a hot water tank, get one with 50mm insulation on it.

A new boiler will cost £4,500 + gas costs.

For mere amusement, over 5 years could it be cheaper on electric with
ceiling fitted infra-red panels, room occupancy sensors and much better
room insulation fitted?

Why do you think rust would be a problem for round top radiators?

I presume your £4,500 is really the cost for all the CH parts!

--
Michael Chare

---