Bill Jr

Default Magavox PTV705 blows HOT instantly

That Q802 is the Horizontal Output Transistor.
The High voltage is done with Q906, the HVOT.
These sets suffered from lack of sealant for the anode connectors to the
CRT's causing your exact symptoms.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

wrote in message
Hi. Magnavox PTV705, blows Q802 HOT instantly. Have checked, good H drive

base from proc chip, with HOT removed and HV cable detached to avoid crt
problems. Anyway, done up with HOT removed and HV isolated, I can fire up
for 1 second. During this time I have good base signal to HOT base
connector. If I put in new transistor, makes a not pretty noise, then is
instantly shorted. Have found no obvious bad parts near the area. Any

ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Danny