James Sweet

Default Viewsonic G810-2M picture turning on and off

"Peter" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a G810-2M 21inch Viewsonic that is giving me some problems. I'm
trying to avoid pulling the entire thing apart becasue the problem is

fairly
simple I think.

Whenever the monitor is hot (running for a while) I can hit the desk and
make the picture turn off and then hear the high voltage kick back on. It
use to do it at random times, but then got worse and worse until I

couldn't
use it anymore.

Currently I have the cover off and I was looking for cold solder

connections
but could not see any. Before I spend an hour or two to pull it all apart,

figured someone may have some input as to where to start looking.

Thanks

Look in the power supply and around the flyback, if hitting it has an effect
it's almost certain to be a cracked solder joint, it only takes a single one
to cause a problem. Start looking around heavy components and things that
get hot, power resistors, transistors on heatsinks, etc.