Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default heating / hot water - whole new system

On 08/03/2016 14:35, Martin Bonner wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 March 2016 14:11:41 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/03/16 12:39, Fredxxx wrote:

The consensus is a system boiler and I agree with this. Combis are great
for small houses.

No, they are crap even for small houses.

Rubbish. The combi in our three-bedroom house was fine. Two or three
adults. It struggled if two people wanted a shower at the same time, but
some people don't view that as the end of the world (others do of course).

Agreed, though I might put the limit down to 2 bedrooms.

For a small house it can save a lot of room where tanks would be.

It's ideal for someone at work all day, where no water is stored so no
heat loss; where the proximity of kitchen and bathroom often mean little
water need be run until you get hot water.

No 22mm pipes taking to flush with hot water at low pressure before you
get hot water out of a kitchen hot tap. Power shower without any further
equipment, just a simple thermostatic mixing bar.

Some people are blinkered, and in denial, of the advantages.