Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_12_] Graham.[_12_] is offline

Default heating / hot water - whole new system

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 08:29:48 +0000, News
wrote:

In message ,
writes

there's plenty of space to mount pretty much any system but i really
don't know what's best - probably most concern is the demand for hot
water - a simple combi boiler could not handle it. and i only want one
electric shower as an absolute emergency.

Doubtless you will receive plenty of conflicting advice, but, given that
you have gas, I would go for a traditional gas boiler and showers fed
via a large hot water cylinder with immersion heater for emergencies.
Other will advise on calculation of boiler and tank sizes - take the
advice and add 10 per cent.

Our system is oil fired but otherwise as above. Plenty of capacity for
the traditional radiator central heating, plus hot water. The water is
heated twice a day, for one hour early morning, and another hour mid
afternoon. Two of us shower in the morning, and one in the evening.
Very occasional baths. We never run out of hot water.

Two caveats. One, I'm biased and hate combis, and Two, although we have
several showers in the house, for no particular reason, we rarely seem
to run more than one simultaneously.

You just told us why.
"Two of us shower in the morning".

--