Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need collet

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 16:22:07 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Btw..is that a CTME or a G3?

???

Gunner

The rifle photos appear along with the collet...

Gunner

WHAT AN INSULT! That is an STG58 FAL. One of the best battle rifles
ever made. I don't think much of CETMEs. Now a true G3 is a fine
rifle, but they ruin the brass for reloading (fluted chamber) so I
don't have one.

The problem I had was timing. When the brarrel got tight on the
receiver it was past 12:00. I ended up making a custom shim.

I had asked on FAL files. Apparently they don't have machinists over
there. The suggestion was cut a shim by hand. UGH. Look on through;
you can see how i made it.

(Grin)...why do you think I asked first..if it was a CTME or G3?

I own several STG58s. Unfortunately they are illegal in
California..so they live in a gun safe east of Phoenix Aridzona, in
the safekeeping of a friend of mine. Not something I wanted to bury in
the back yard. Along with several other similar equally cool toys not
on the California Approved list. I see them ever few years..fondle
them, make them speak, clean them and put them back in the vault
....sigh...snivel.....