Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Transformer shot! (was scope SMPS/ capacitor venting)

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 14:23:22 -0500, legg wrote:

You are refering to manual component numbers from the 3262 manual and
schematic. The 3264 does not have the same schematic or part numbers.

The schematic is functionally similar, but uses a different control IC
and different components are present/selected to set the IC's function.
Part type for the main transformer/size and pinout, the size of
resonant/snubbing components, along the actual supply power ratings may
vary with model number, as well. One example is the different resonant
cap size used.

OMG you're right. I've had this issue before when looking at manuals
from .pdf files on a screen rather than hard-copy. Well that's just dandy
I must say. Now I'm *really* confused.
Once again I'm really tempted to just scrap this thing as it stands,
salvage the transformer and start afresh in a year's time with a
conventional non-resonant PWM design using a MOSFET instead of a BJT and
a more up-to-date controller.