Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend[_7_] Karl Townsend[_7_] is offline

Default need collet

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 14:33:39 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

First off, sorry about posting something concerning metalworking.

I bought a Precise brand high speed spindle off ebay to try engraving.
Its a type S 65.

Can't find a collet for it. Ideas?

The pic is of a 1/4" collet, I need a 1/8"
http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/...e%20collet.jpg

Not sure that is the same collet as is used in my Precise spindle. But, it
is the same general style. Precise still supplies collets, but I have to
warn you, they are REAL expensive. When I inquired a few years ago, I think
they were about $86 each. I THINK these are proprietary, but it would be
nice if there was a 2nd source.

Jon

Did you find a USA supplier, my web foo only found Europe.

Karl