Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fed up with catarrh (OT)

On 07/03/16 19:55, Stuart Noble wrote:
On 07/03/16 08:28, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1466380 20160306 141729 The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 03/03/16 21:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
Loads of people I know seem to be suffering from annoying cough
caused by
catarrh in back of throat.
Can't take decongestants due to blood pressure treatment. An Olbas Oil
seems to be the best I can use.
Anyone else afflicted. Any solutions?.
No runny nose - just bad cough caused by catarrh (salty) u throuat
that
needs coughing up.

Had it over a year now ever since they put me on blood pressure
meds. So
far I haven't tracked it down

Well known side-effect of Amlodipine.

Amlodipine did a lot worse than just that - evil allergic rashes and my
legs swelled up and I am now on perindropril.

Interesting. I've been on amlodipine for a few years but it's only the
last year I've had this stupid cough, and a tiny bit of ankle swelling.
Next door's cat is on it too (2.5 mg per day)

If ankles are swelling see GP IMMEDIATELY.

That's heart failure (as opposed to a heart attack) and you need to find
a better way to reduce BP.