Posted to uk.d-i-y
Waimer Waimer is offline

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

On 07/03/16 18:54, Waimer wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Waimer

Frankly apart from Schengen - which isnt EU anyway,. there is
nothing about the EU I like.

What's not to like about no more wars in almost every
generation between western european countries ?

This has nothing to do with the EU and everything to do with NATO.

In fact it was a progression, initially NATO, then the EEC, then the EU
etc.

NO, it wasn't.

Yes it was.

NATO still exists and has nothing whatever to do with The EEC or the EU.

Because it always included the US. But it was the mentality
that produced NATO that went on to do the EEC and the EU
and what ensured that there would be no more wars between
western european countries that had previously had them in
almost every generation for centuries before that.

The level of ignorance found in Europhiles is staggering...

I'm not a europhile. I was just pointing out that there
are some things to like about the EU. It's silly to claim
that there is nothing to like about the EU. The real world
is never that black and white.