Posted to uk.d-i-y
Waimer Waimer is offline

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

On 07/03/16 13:41, Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

The media are partly to blame because even The Times is full of
journalistic errors (on reports concerning subject matter I know about)
- and the rest of the papers are generally tat.

Yet so many seem to believe the 'facts' they give about the EU.

I don;t like the EU, but that's because I see it as unaccountable (more
so than Westminster).

There are some good directives - Working Time and various other labour
laws would never have been initiated by the UK.

They would have, and its arguable that all they have done is drive people
to become subcontractors, not employees. Or reloafte their jobs somewhere
else outside the EU..

But there's plenty of stuff I don't like - inability to unilaterally
determine taxation (VAT notably) for one.

Frankly apart from Schengen - which isnt EU anyway,. there is nothing
about the EU I like.

What's not to like about no more wars in almost every
generation in between western european countries ?

Every single project that spans national borders and works, is NOT EU
inspired.

But some of the tax stuff like standardised VAT rates that works is.