Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
But there's plenty of stuff I don't like - inability to unilaterally
determine taxation (VAT notably) for one.

Are you saying VAT is the same rate and always on the same things
throughout the EU?

No - but apparently we cannot VAT exempt a class of items as we wish (eg
like books, children's clothes other "essential" items used to be zero
VAT rated).

And it seems Cameron has to negotiate if he wants to modify benefit
rules. That's two things straight away.