Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT[_2_] EXT[_2_] is offline

Default slow kitchen drain

"T" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

I have a slow kitchen drain.

I has used several of the liquid plumber and friends things
down the drain. Upon flushing after the wait period, the
drain runs beautifully.

But 20 minutes later, it is back the way it was.

further down the drain pipe, the washer exhausts into the
same drain pipe. The washer has no problem at all. So I
presume, the clog is somewhere between the kitchen sink
and where the washer enters.

I have poked around the sink pipe with one of those
hair grabbers and nothing but a slight amount of scum
comes back.

Any words of wisdom? Is there a better chemical to try?
Is it time to call a plumber?

I find most liquid drain cleaners don't do anything as they are not strong
enough. The best one I have found is an acid based drain cleaner, it is made
by a few companies but may be hard to find, last time I got some from Lowes.
You can tell if it is acid based by reading the ingredients which will have
a warning that it is acid. I got an example of how well it works when I
wiped some drips from the mouth of the bottle with a Kleenex, a few minutes
later the wet area turned brown and dissolved. Use care as it can do a lot
of damage to you or your possessions, probably not safe on old metal drain
pipes, OK on plastic pipes.