Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default is there a noise canceling headphone, not music.

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 9:14:47 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 12:42:50 AM UTC-5, T wrote:
Is there a such thing as a headphone (not music) that
will quiet down an extremely noisy room when worn?
Sort of like a high tech ear plug.

I am looking to quiet down white noise, motor noise,
television, folks talking. And yes all at the same
time.

I googled, but am only finding music head phones.

Bose makes noise cancelling headphones. With no music input,
they would just cancel the external noise. I've used them on
airplanes when they hand them out. As soon as you put them on
the airplane noise, anyone talking, etc, is greatly reduced.
But they aren't cheap. Pilots also use them and there may
be other brands, but that's what they are called, noise cancelling.

For some strange reason, I would not be comfortable knowing that
my pilot is wearing anything that cancels "external noise".

I want him listening for every little noise and every comment from the
other members of his crew, radio connected or not.