Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Spring Tire Replacement is a Must in places that get Winter snow

On Sun, 06 Mar 2016 23:37:07 -0600, robertjones
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 1969 14:05:04 -0800 (PST), wrote:

replying to Tom Billings , robertjones wrote:
tbillings007 wrote:

Spring is almost here. If you live in a cold climate where you get snow
and ice, your old tires are junk. Winter ruins tires faster than any
other weather conditions. Whether you drive a car, truck, or any other
vehicle, your tires Must be replaced soon. Dont risk your life on old
worn tires which have been damaged by the ice and snow of Winter. Doing
so could be lethal.

As soon as the ice and snow is gone, and the potholes have been repaired
get new tires and also make sure your front end is properly aligned, and
your vehicle is inspected for any damages on the bottom of your vehicle
which are often caused by winter driving conditions.

---

I just purchased a new set of tires, but there is still some ice and
snow on the ground, and a lot of potholes in the roads. I was going to
get them installed on my car, but after reading this, I decided that
maybe I should wait a few more weeks. told the guys at the tire garage
to hold off on installing them for now, and just brought the tires home.
How long should I wait to install them?

Robert J.

Your life is at risk driving on your old tires. In the winter, I get
new ones every month. You heard the man, your tires are junk. Put
them on today and get another set in mid April.