Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

On 07/03/16 09:15, Brian Gaff wrote:
How did we get into this sort of mess. Simple, no overview after we sold the
power networks off. Now everybody does their own thing and sod the others.
I said at the time this is messing with dynamite, but nobody listened.
So which generator is the easiest to use for a blind person? (I hope this
is a joke, but probably not)

The thing is that if several companies or the state built a few nuclear
stations, then problem solved for 40 years or so, but all this hand wringing
and messing about has wasted valuable time.

Indeed.

And if voter ignorance is the cause, we're screwed - because I know
people who openly don't care - or do care, but are insufficiently informed.

The media are partly to blame because even The Times is full of
journalistic errors (on reports concerning subject matter I know about)
- and the rest of the papers are generally tat.