Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

How did we get into this sort of mess. Simple, no overview after we sold the
power networks off. Now everybody does their own thing and sod the others.
I said at the time this is messing with dynamite, but nobody listened.
So which generator is the easiest to use for a blind person? (I hope this
is a joke, but probably not)

The thing is that if several companies or the state built a few nuclear
stations, then problem solved for 40 years or so, but all this hand wringing
and messing about has wasted valuable time.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Another nail in the coffin for HPC.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...nkley-point-c-
nuclear-project-in-crisis-as-edf-finance-director-resigns

or http://tinyurl.com/zkg69rd

Euan Mearns' blog also has some interesting analysis of Scottish power
generation. Much of it is exported to England. The interconnect
appears to be able to carry a maximum of 3.5GW.

If the Scottish grid shuts down (say due to a nuclear station suddenly
going offline, causing thr erest of the grip to trip), a "black start"
using power imported from England to get it back up and running will
take 24 plus hours (!)

The takeaway seems to be that when Longannet closes at the end of the
month. the Scots had better get out their paraffin stoves and candles
and pray the wind blows.

http://euanmearns.com/scotland-engla...ity-transfers/

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!