Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Chip in e-cigarette battery.

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 18:23:49 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

The manufacturer may have slipped up on the house coded chip.

In one unit the chip was marked; 3417WA, in the other it was marked;
Esmoke33716M.

I couldn't find anything on the specific chip. I suspect it's custom
and well protected. This should help explain what's going on inside:
http://se.azinstall.net/2015/10/hacking-vuse-e-cig-puff-counter.html

It (was) a Vapestick and doesn't look that sophisticated. 2 of the units had
batteries that didn't take any charge current, the 3rd one still lit its LED
when the button was pressed so I didn't scrap it.