Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Chip in e-cigarette battery.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 18:23:49 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

The manufacturer may have slipped up on the house coded chip.

In one unit the chip was marked; 3417WA, in the other it was marked;
Esmoke33716M.

I couldn't find anything on the specific chip. I suspect it's custom
and well protected. This should help explain what's going on inside:
http://se.azinstall.net/2015/10/hacking-vuse-e-cig-puff-counter.html

As for e-cigs and vaping, I don't indulge and see no value in
breathing fumes. However, a friends son got involved with the vaping
scene and has demonstrated to me that there's plenty of demand and
money available. They're generally banned in public places, which I
guess adds to the mystique. Judging by the consumption of 18650 LiIon
batteries, e-cigs have not only helped lower the price of these
batteries, but have greatly contributed to my growing collection of
half-dead 18650 cells. If you read candlepower forums or the various
e-cig forums, you'll find plenty of discussion about which batteries
are best (or cheapest). That gets my attention.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D