Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Tracing bad sewer smell

On 3/6/2016 11:09 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 07:51:16 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

[snip]

Ok, all that said, does anyone know of a way to trace where it is coming
from? My smeller is pretty good, however, it's hard to pin point the
spot when it seems to be everywhere. And then, on some days, nowhere;
although the bad smell days far outnumber the non smell days. Any
ideas? Thanks.

If the building has floor drains, pour a bucket of water down each
drain.

That was my first thought as well, but then, they DID have a plumber
come in so I assumed. . .

That said, if it turns out that you're (we're) correct and that cures
it, they should fire that plumber. g