Patrick Navin

Default Panasonic service mode (can't change settings)

Nath wrote:

"Nige, On a Mission From God............"
wrote in message ...

"john" wrote in message

Why ? Is the picture to clear for you.
Nice try Nige.

I'm serious, the overscan is horrific, the dealers coming today & bet my
life he wont know how to change it.

Picture is fantastic, but the overscan is horrific. I have had 2 & they

are

both similar.

Nige

How difficult will it be to get (exact) pixel perfect overscan? With CRT it
makes little difference, but the whole point of LCD/Plasma is to get the
source to the same size as the panel (ie for a Panasonic Plasma with native
NTSC resolution you'll want to zoom/squash H/V size exact to the borders.
Possibly use a ATI PC with custom montiro rez, with a dotty cross pattern to
get exact perfect, so no scaling is done if you've set it to far either way
of the correct setting.

You have to scale if the native res of the panel is higer than 576
pixels, as that's the resolution of TV/DVD etc in the UK.
If you didn't scale the video signal you'd end up with a small pic in
the centre of your new lcd tv (or worse stil top left).
It's the scaling that's causing Nige's issue because, clearly, his media
box is lopping off top and bottom of the input.

Bear in mind that *most* lcd TVs are natively 1280 x 1024 or 1280 x 768
or better.
--
Patrick

"I did the grabs via a Duomix61 grabber as used by 'security sources'"
"I never grabbed them on a PC mate -they went via IE56575 to a fancy
technical thingie grabber -or something" - un-named Video capture 'expert'