Randy

Default 25" Sharp TV blows fuse

I have a 25" Sharp TV that keeps blowing the fuse. I found a shorted
horizontal output transistor and replaced that. As soon as I hit the power
button on the set it shorted the horizontal output transistor again and blew
the fuse. There's a part right next to the horizontal output transistor that
looks like a diode but is listed on the schematic parts list as a "ferrite
bead". It also seems to be shorted out. What exactly is a ferrite bead?
Would this part be shorting out the horizontal transistor or is there
something downstream that I should check for that would be shorting out both
of these parts?