Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlet recessed too much

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 07:51:20 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 8:45:15 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
But more to the point is that the contacts should
be wrapped with electrical tape. I rarely see
electricians do that, but if they're wrapped then
there's no risk of sparking or of kids getting their

The contacts? You mean the screws that hold the wires to the outlet?

I have never ever seen this done, and can't picture a way to do it other than wrapping tape round and round the whole outlet, which would look incredibly sloppy.

Unless I'm picturing this wrong?

Manyayna isn't a craftsman or a competent tradesman - certainly not
an electrician.. If his workmanship is so sloppy that the wires on a
switch or outlet can contact the box, and if he leaves plates off of
outlets or switches, or in any other way leaces the connections
accessible to "kids" he should keep his paws off of anything
electrical and hire an electriciam.

IDIOT