Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2x4 clamps

I use 'kan't twist' C clamps that were designed by Navy retired
for the Navy.

Normally used on metal for clamping and welding or drilling.
I have 1" to large 10" or maybe 8". I use them when I need to clamp.

http://www.amazon.com/Kant-Twist-415.../dp/B0007KXNJS 4 1/2"

The center grove clamping face can be rotated 180 to be a flat on one
or both.

And they are powerful. MSC sells them and amazon sellers.

I'm using mine to clamp 4x4 and 2x6 oak boards so I can drill and screw.

Martin

On 3/4/2016 4:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:50:28 PM UTC-5, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 3/4/2016 11:21 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
never tried these but like the idea but a little but pricey

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...uctId=24751286

would come in handy from time to time for a big project that needs
clamping then when you are done you can use the 2 bys for something
else

That picture looks like it was set up by the art department. I would
have to assume that any woodworker would position the movable jaw such
that the crank handle was past the end of the 2x4. What a pain it would
be to tighten it where it is now.

Slide, turn, slide, turn, slide, turn. I've often had to position C-clamps such that I
couldn't make full turns with the handle.

I'm pretty sure you could get 3/4" pipe clamp hardware + a pretty long
pipe for about the same amount.