Posted to alt.home.repair
Neill Massello Neill Massello is offline

Default Any TIVO folks here?

wrote:

I am looking at my options for cutting the cable (Actually satellite)
My main concern is what to use for a DVR for broadcast signals.
Can I buy an old Tivo for this. Is the guide still being supported?

They still provide guide data for old models, but (IMHO) this only makes
sense if you can find a TiVo unit in good condition that already has
lifetime service. Otherwise, the money for TiVo's exorbitant service
fees would better go toward a small computer with an internal tuner card
or an external tuning adapter such as those from Hauppauge and
SiliconDust.