Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2x4 clamps

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Slide, turn, slide, turn, slide, turn. I've often had to position
C-clamps such that I couldn't make full turns with the handle.

Ever thought about drilling and tapping the end so you could put a piece of
threaded rod and a nut in there? Or filing off a hex pattern so you can
get a socket on there? Some red loctite would probably hold just fine in
both directions. That way, you could turn it with a socket wrench.

I realize not every C-clamp has enough meat on the end to make this
possible. And that the lead screw could be hardened...

Puckdropper