Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Telemarketers sigh

On 3/4/2016 9:23 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Don Y:
[Good luck with the ears; tingling arms DO get better... ears can
suffer permanent damage!]

Not going away.... and a hearing test shows a big gap in the mid ranges.

(sigh) Bummer. You only get to make that mistake *once*. frown

But, all things considered, I'll take it: *much* better than being
tormented by sounds much of the day almost every day. When you are
being driven nuts by an ultrasonic burglar alarm emitter that nobody

Yup. Lots of people go bat-sh*t crazy in "silent" houses -- unable
to avoid that "tinnitis" (sp). Instead, relying on some sort of
masking sound to push the ringing out of their conscious mind.

else can even hear, you've got a problem.... and when the sound of a
running refrigerator drives you up the wall, you've got a problem... -)

I used to be bothered by the high-pitched whine of TV sets. Glad
to have "lost" that capability! :

As long as I can hear approaching motor vehicles.... And I can...

And, the wife...

http://www.gilliamhearingcenter.com/Wife_hearing_aid.jpg

[amusing to see a commercial establishment engage in such misogyny! : ]