Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default PING: HP laserjet experts Help!

Trevor Wilson wrote:

On 4/03/2016 9:17 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

So, any luck on that printer?

Jon

**Thanks for asking. I've decided to head in a completely different
direction. I've been able to source one of these:

http://au.pcmag.com/hp-laserjet-ente...500-color-mfp-

m575dn/1374/review/hp-laserjet-enterprise-500-color-mfp-m575dn#

for AUS$400.00. It has full toner cartridges (except one, which is at
20%). It has a full service history (it came from a large corporation,
that has swapped out all it's printers from one section) and was factory
serviced a couple of months ago. I'll be checking print quality and
collecting it next week.

Well, that may be a good plan if you really need a color laser. I got a
color laser off the loading dock at work, it had a sticky clutch solenoid,
and after fixing that, it generally works. But, the print quality is
mediocre, and it uses a HUGE amount of toner every time you turn it on, or
if it has sat for more than 30 minutes, it has to "recalibrate".

But, I've had good luck fixing the 2 monochrome printers we have here.

Jon