Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Dawes Alan Dawes is offline

Default Fed up with catarrh (OT)

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Loads of people I know seem to be suffering from annoying cough caused
by catarrh in back of throat. Can't take decongestants due to blood
pressure treatment.

I had that (along with a lot of other reactions) after taking wrongly
prescribed blood pressure tablets. Check if it is listed amoung the side
effects of the medication you are taking and then go back to your doctor.

eg The most common one that can cause the sort of problems you have are
ACE inhibitors (not the medication I had):
"The most common side effect is a persistent dry cough. If side effects
become particularly troublesome, a medication that works in a similar way
to ACE inhibitors, known as an angiotensin-2 receptor antagonist (ARB),
may be recommended". see the NHS site:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Blood-p...Treatment.aspx

Alan

--