Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Future of cabinet making...

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:58:32 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Leon wrote:
snip
If we are going to survive we are going to have to compete with the
world. We are going to have to swallow the pill and realize that what
we expect to be paid is simply not worth 10 times that of a person
that delivers a product 95% as good.

Either we're going to teach people 'right' from 'wrong', or the crime
rate may continue to rise. A lot of people seem to like their smart
phones.

Except that the "crime rate" has been going down for decades.

It was interesting to read what you wrote, because it was a little like
memory lane (family eating together at the dinner table.., until some
time in the early 70s or so). So no, I don't disagree with you. I
understand basic economics. OTOH, the "relative pay" of people in an
organization could probably use some balancing. Making a few people
"absurdly-rich" off the backs of the masses doesn't seem right. I would
even say that some of the organizations are stealing from their
shareholders (who are among the masses) in this way.

No one is forcing anyone to buy the product made by those getting rich
making them.