Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Telemarketers sigh

On Thu, 03 Mar 2016 15:09:22 -0600, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 3/1/2016 3:01 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Moe DeLoughan writes:

They don't waste any of my time because when I don't recognize the
number, I don't pick up the phone. It's as simple as that. I don't get
why people complain so much. The phone is your servant, not your
master. You don't _have_ to pay attention to it.

You can just ignore a ringing phone and it doesn't bother you? Sure
annoys the hell out of me. I can't carry on a conversation or hear TV
dialog until it stops ringing.

It's the sound from the tv that drive me nuts. Seems like almost
everyone has the sound up a lot louder than I can tolerate. Most
people seem to like having it on in the background even when they're
not watching. Not me.

After four rings, the machine picks it up. I don't have the ringer set
too loud because if I'm not in the vicinity of one of the phones, I'm
not going to bust my heinie trying to get it before it goes to the
machine. They can either hang up or leave a message. I can check
caller ID and call them back if I feel so inclined.

There is only one of the 6 or 7 phones in this house that actually
rings. (a legacy of the "illegal" phone days) Usually the first thing
I notice is my outgoing message.