Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Scott LK150 - Eating Filter Caps

wrote in message
On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 11:31:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Is it possible that you are putting them in backwards?

No, that was the _first_ thing I checked. Also the second, third and last.
But, as stranger things have happened, and I am by no means perfect, I
will check again!

Dan:

I will check the diode. That was replaced pre-me, so a valid concern.

Thank you both.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

And measure the 1.5K 2W. Is the transformer CT actually at ground? What is
the voltage across the caps? Across the 220 ohm R? What do you see (with a
scope) across the caps?