Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Weird nose from washer

HE detergent is just less concentrated. HE washers use much less
water so using the same amount of the regular detergent will over foam
and not rinse out. You can use HE or you can just use a small amount
of regular, which is what I do.

I thought it was that HE detergent doesn't have added foaming agents:
foam/suds isn't/aren't needed for cleaning, but they're added because
people think they indicate cleaning power.

Perce

Yes, the suds cause problems with rinsing. OK to use HE in a regular
washer, not the other way around. Many brands are now HE compatible
since they are becoming the bigger segment of washers.

When we bought a new HE machine I went to find HE detergent. They I
loooked and found ALL liquid has been HE for a couple of years.