Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Weird nose from washer

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 6:58:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:

My washer has started making a weird noise only during the spin cycle.
It isn't a grinding sound, but loud, vibrating sound. And only during
spin not the rest of the time. Any ideas?
Front Load Maytag; ~ 9 years; me and my wife so I would say medium use.
Always use HE detergent.

HE detergent is just less concentrated. HE washers use much less water so using the same amount of the regular detergent will over foam and not rinse out. You can use HE or you can just use a small amount of regular, which is what I do.

Or, you can use none at all. Google it, you will find that for many loads the mechanical action of the agitator is plenty to get them clean. Lots of people with chemical sensitivies or allergies have to do this.