Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

No.
They can come here get a job and pay
for living in the UK the same way I do.

But I don;t see how they can if they have given all
their money to traficers for the dingy they rented.

They don't give all their money to traffickers,

So they will be able to afford to buy a place in the UK so wont need
any support or benifits great lets do want Germany have done.

Its not that black and white.

They either have the money to live in the UK or they don't.

Its not that black and white. They have no real idea whether
they will be able to get job that pays enough to live in Britain
until they try that. And your original was about buying a place,
not just living in Britain anyway.

So I agree with taking them from the caps rather than the
beaches. I dont; understand how a syrian family can afford
ot live in the UK let alone london, were one bed flats are
300K+ . yes sure take them to Barnsley for the free months
rent but I don't understand how they can afford it.

Depends. Many may want to come to the UK because they
have family/friends here already, and will live with them.

Yes sure they do, you see how this works on the TV, arranged
marriages and the like. And with so called extended families.....
If you say there are just 1000 syrians in the
UK how many friends and family will they have ?

I take it you're perfectly happy with non UK residents
buying up property and leaving it empty?

No more so than I am happy for UK residents to do it.
My old school is now flats being brought or rented.
If a syrian has the 350K for a 1 bedroom flat they they
can have it or my brother can or anyone else, whoever
has the money can have the property whether they
leave it empty or not is up to them.

What I would object to is someone using it to house 2+ families or
to renting it illegaly or by those breaking what I'd call serious
laws.
If you don;t know what they are then for me a serious law being
broken would be using the flat for child sex or distilling alochol,
or running a DVD duplicating scam, rathe r than parking on a
yellow line, or swerving to avoid hittign a cat/dog in a bus lane.
I do not care what skin colour they have or their religious beliefs,
but I equaly don;t want to be told that I can;t report them for kiddy
fiddling because of their culture or that they are a famous DJ.