Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Any printer gurus?

On 3/2/2016 8:45 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
I have an in-the-box Epson printer that is apparently 6 years old. The box
hasn't been opened until just now and the cartridges are still in the shrink
wrap (sealed) condition. Any particular reason I shouldn't be using the
printer? Should I get new cartridges or would those in the package still be
okay (I couldn't find an expiration date on them)? Thanks.

If the cartridges ("tanks" in the case of Epson) have not been installed
and ink has never flowed through the printhead, you should have no problem.

I just discarded an R1600 with dozens of "tank sets" that *did* have
expiration dates; but my reason for discarding it was just to get
rid of yet another piece of equipment; not due to "old ink".