Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Receiving SMS messages via a landline phone

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 08:04:34 +0000, News
wrote:

OT, I know ...

We have rarely, if ever, received SMS messages on our landline phone
until now. Son's school have started sending updates by that method,
which is OK, but is there any possibility we will be charged for using
the service?

Whilst I'm confident the school service is OK, I don't know who the
caller is until accepting the message. What concerns me is accepting
something that is not from the school, and somehow being conned. Is
that possible?

As has been explained, the only chargeable *incoming* calls are from
reverse charge (collect) automated services like 0800MUMDAD &
0800REVERSE and even then, the IVR system explains that it's
chargeable and you have to press a key to acknowledge that you
understand.

So don't worry about being charged.

If you still find these calls a nuisance, do as I have dine and bar
them by dialling 0800 587 5252

Then tell the school about email and to stop wasting their money!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%