Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Receiving SMS messages via a landline phone

John Rumm wrote:
Whilst I'm confident the school service is OK, I don't know who the
caller is until accepting the message. What concerns me is accepting
something that is not from the school, and somehow being conned. Is
that possible?

Not really.

Just give the school a mobile number to send the SMS message to...

Why should one have to give them a mobile number to send the SMS
message to? Our landline receives SMS texts perfectly OK and works
much better than a mobile as mobile coverage at our house is decidedly
flakey.

--
Chris Green
ยท