Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Receiving SMS messages via a landline phone

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:48:10 -0000
Jonno wrote:

News scribbled

Wife's mobile is dead. Needs a new battery. Mine, a used one
ex son has been reclaimed by son because he cracked the screen
on his. Anyway, neither wife or self actually turn ours on
unless we actually need to, by which time the battery is flat
anyway.

There's no answer to that kind of 'logic'.

Well indeed. We don't feel we need mobiles, or at least, very
rarely.

I don't use mine a lot, but it's not a problem to keep in charged and
kept in a place where I can hear it ring or check for messages. In
the past I've lost money because I never made or received enough
calls to keep O2 happy and they blocked my number. That's something
to consider if you seldom use a PAYG mobile.

I use a £5 per month service, if I make no calls, there is no problem,
and I have £5 worth of calls available if I want to use them.
I think it can send and receive texts as well, but it's only powered up
if I want to make a call, so I never bother with that.
It's always kept charged, after I broke down in the car, and nearly ran
out of 'phone battery directing the RAC to where I was.

--
Davey.