Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Receiving SMS messages via a landline phone

On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 08:27:12 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

We now get them occasionally confirming hospital appointments.

The ones I get for that (and the Dentist) are just an automated
service putting pre-recorded phrases and words into the correct
order. These are fine and easy enough to understand being a recording
real person speaking, stilted but fine.

We get SMS messages from the electricity DNO about outages. The text
to "speech" conversion normally manages to mangle the SMS into
something unintelligible.

--
Cheers
Dave.