Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Residential door hardware with HIGH quality locks?

It makes sense to buy quality locks so they last longer and don't fail.

It doesn't make sense in most areas to buy locks for security. Real burglars don't pick locks, they just kick the door down. Or break a window.

If you are more at risk than most of us for whatever reason, you need a burglar alarm and a dog.

I did make the mistake of buying a cheap lock at the big box store. I started installing it and realized there was no way I was putting this in my house. It was a matter of life and death survival - didn't want to die of shame.

I bought a more expensive lock, but not to deter burglars. They don't care.