Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Residential door hardware with HIGH quality locks?

On 3/1/2016 5:03 PM, bob haller wrote:
the best change i made here was upgrading too touch pad locks. no key
needed, just enter the code and were all in. fantastic in hard rain or zero
weather..

you can buy a thousand dollar lock, but your home is only as secure as any
glass window.

+1

Some years back, a new neighbor moved in. One (hot, summer) sunday, he
knocked on the door (we'd not yet been introduced).

Seems he had locked himself out of house and his infant son was
in need of getting out of the sun, etc. Locksmith wouldn't
be showing up until "after the game".

I walked over to look at his house. Came back home to fetch
a screwdriver. Removed *one* screw and dismantled his
kitchen window: "Do you want to give ME a boost, in?
Or, would you like ME to give YOU a boost?"

The look he gave me was one of mixed appreciation -- and fear!
("Who *is* this guy that he can break into my home so effortlessly?
And, without even damaging anything??!")

Most people fail to remember that a thief cares very little
about how much "inconvenience" he is causing you (getting
the window repaired, etc.)