Posted to alt.home.repair
Zak W Zak W is offline

Default Drain cleanout

trader_4 wrote in news:9dbba433-4aa7-4f22-aedc-
:

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 2:58:29 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 01 Mar 2016 12:46:57 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Kitchen drain cleanout is accessible via back wall of house.
Jackass who painted the house (and probably the jackasses
before that!) just slopped paint all over it.

ABS.

I can clean it and open it to verify it will be ready when/if
needed -- perhaps even replacing the plug with a nice, brand new
BLACK one -- *or* hope it's NEVER needed and defer that
"acid test" until a time when it actually *is* needed.

I.e., risk breaking it *now* (and having to replace the works)
or just make it look pretty and worry about breaking it
LATER (or possibly never)?

Do you think the painted the threads on the plug before it was screwed
in? Why would they do that, for cripes sake.

I'm sure the plumber didn't torque it to 180 ft. lbs :-\

Yeah, I don't get what the issue is either. The paint
would make no difference. Why one would want to screw around
with something that doesn't need to be opened now,

For attention?