Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 01/2016

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:51:20 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On 2/29/2016 2:45 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 01:10:48 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On 2/8/2016 6:46 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 12:24:17 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 2/8/2016 12:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/8/2016 12:38 PM, Muggles wrote:

Intelligence is only a matter of environment, in addition to,
there are
different kinds of intelligence.

Please explain a bit more. Tell us how genetics is not involved.

**Medical Definition of intelligence. 1a: the ability to learn or
understand or to deal with new or trying situationsb: the ability to
apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly
as measured by objective criteria (as tests) 2: mental acuteness.**

For example, in Jim's world of one, in that environment, Jim has
adapted
his skill set to his world and environment. How he did that could be a
result of any number of variables: choices, reasoning skills, natural
talents(genetics), maturity, opportunities, etc.

If in Jim's environment he has all the skills he needs to thrive and
prosper, then he's considered to be "intelligent".

OTOH, if Joe, who is from an entirely different world of one and
different environment has a different skill set adapted to his needs to
function and thrive, in his world he could/would also be considered
"intelligent".

If we/they try to compare their skill sets, since they come from
different worlds of one and different environments each could/may judge
the other as not being "intelligent" because the others skill set
doesn't measure up to their own.

Our environment is what determines how intelligence is judged. Without
the context of environment there would be no means in order to judge
intelligence.

Genetics is only one variable out of many that can influence
intelligence. There are also "types of intelligence".

*Gardner chose eight abilities that he held to meet these criteria:
musical-rhythmic, visual-spatial, verbal-linguistic,
logical-mathematical, bodily-kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal,
and naturalistic. He later suggested that existential and moral
intelligence may also be worthy of
inclusion.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory...ntelligences)*

One of my favorite movies is,"Idiocracy". Perhaps because I see it
all around me. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Genius Monster

So, what's your sign .. er, I mean, what's your IQ?

Mine is 135.

OK, thanks for the info. Do you remember which IQ test you took?

Quite a few, similar result +/- 3.

--
Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a racing car not called a racist?