Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Future of cabinet making...

On 03/01/2016 8:49 AM, Jack wrote:
On 2/29/2016 1:49 PM, Leon wrote:

I wonder if a Sketchup drawing and its components could be loaded into
that machine.

This looks like any other CNC machine except the programs for making
specific things is already written for you and easily selectable from
menus. I'd guess programmable CNC machines like this also have a variety
of patterns that come with them, or can be purchased. The guy hinted
that absolutely no programing was required. If that means no programing
was possible, I wouldn't want the machine at all. Obviously someone
wrote the programs to do cabinets. A CAD interface certainly could
exist, or be written, for any cad program for this machine.

From their web site...

"As an all new type of machine that can be operated by about anyone,
without programming, it can also be operated as a CNC router (through
"CNC Access"), should you ever need to. It executes CNC programs
generated by about any software. In fact, it has software and operating
features that make it a lot more flexible than about any other CNC
router. But there is more.

"With the Cut Ready Cut Center, operating as a cut center instead of a
CNC router, you select and define what you want, resize and cut it, all
right at the machine using an intuitive touch screen. The machine
already knows how to make about anything a typical cabinet shop needs
but, if you want, you can teach it to make your own custom products.
Using Thermwoods eCabinet Systems Design Software and following the Cut
Center protocol, you can develop your own custom products, install them
in the machine and run them the same way. You are not limited. This does
require some training and software skill but offers almost unlimited
capability and huge flexibility. If you would like, Thermwood can do
this for you. With the Cut Ready Cut Center, there are no limits"