Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Telemarketers sigh

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 11:27:50 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 2/28/2016 10:33 AM, wrote:
I really expect I will get a check for a few bucks and the lawyers
will make millions but if it happened often enough the phone whores
might start paying attention to the DNC list.
I really wonder how many calls they have to make per sale but it has
to be thousands to one.
I know I see the number pop up on the tv (Dish supports caller ID), I
lift the receiver and drop it.

It would be amusing to design a semi-intelligent "time waster"
that answers the phone in a *toddler's* voice:
"Hellooooooooo?"
"Yada yada yada yada?"
"Um, I saw a dinosawwer on tha tee vee! Yeah, it was big and purple..."
"Yada yada yada yada..."
"Um, and he danced and, um I danced with him! Yeah!"
And see how long it takes for the caller to get infuriated and hang up!

Your wish is my command.

You have to have 3-way calling or whatever it's called.

http://jollyrogertelephone.com/how-t...to-this-robot/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/30285...lever-bot.html

It's one thing if you have to make 1000 calls and get voice mail 999.5
of the time -- no "real people" need be involved.

OTOH, some little tike that you're trying to convince to "give the
phone to mommy" would eat up actual "paid" time!